TSN Value Engineering
The Steel Network redefines value engineering opportunities when framing with Cold-Formed Steel (CFS) systems. CFS is proven to reduce overall costs and accelerate construction schedules, while meeting building code requirements.
What does TSN’s Value Engineering Service Provide?
Partnership: TSN will partner with the project team to recommend the best solutions to fit project conditions. Our services apply at any point in the project; from the Architect, Engineer of Record, General Contractor, Sub-Contractor, Specialty Engineer (Shop Drawer), to the Distributor. Each member of the team can partner with TSN to determine the best course of action for the project.
Budgeting/Cost Certainty: TSN’s expertise may enable over-budgeted projects to meet budget, and may also provide substantial savings to projects already within a posted budget. TSN’s VE services have provided significant savings in the wall system as well as in the secondary systems, such as foundations.
Flexibility: The project design team is empowered to determine the best foundation, floor, and roof systems for the project.
Scheduling: TSN’s VE services often result in accelerated construction schedules which, in turn, save resources.
TSN’s Value Engineering Results:
TSN’s value engineering consulting services are available at no charge to the project team and include the following:
TSN’s experience includes thousands of projects nationwide. It is our goal to facilitate the most cost-effective approach to using CFS on your project.
- TSN provides engineered connections for all applications of light steel framing.
- Products are manufactured from 50ksi, mill-certified steel.
- Guide holes are provided for fast and accurate connections.
- VertiClip® is the only vertical deflection exterior clip series with an ICC-ES Report.
- DriftClip® and DriftTrak® are ICC-Evaluated for both vertical deflection and lateral drift.
- The StiffClip® series provide load tested solutions for rigid attachments.
- TSN provides several effective choices for wall bridging, including BridgeClip®, BridgeBar®, and BuckleBridge®.
- SigmaStud® is the most advanced mid-rise construction method available.
- SigmaStud® is 20-30% more economical than CMU.
- Greater construction efficiencies are obtained using SigmaStud® vs. conventional light gauge construction / design.
- JamStud® minimizes built-up materials at jambs and headers.
Lateral Bracing Systems (Shear Walls)
- StiffWall® saves materials and labor versus conventional “cee” stud assemblies.
- Boot connectors are available in multiple sizes to fit project conditions.
- Simplified installation and inspection